Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend

It's still Monday!
I made it - a weekend wrap up on a Monday!

But there's only an hour left of Monday, so this is going to be short and sweet.

On Friday, we were supposed to have our very first t-ball game.
But it got rained out. 
Kevin's parents and sister came into town.
So did Uncle Deedoo and Aunt Jo.
So we all went to Southside Ribs for dinner, then called it a night.

Shelby and I got to spend some quality time together in the wee hours of the morning as Saturday began. But I mean, look at this face...
…I don't mind.

Saturday afternoon, we headed to the Carnival in Sparta.
JJ loved it. 

I got on a Ferris Wheel for the first time in YEARS.
Like, way back when the Tilden Picnic had rides.
But JJ really wanted to.
And we got stuck at the top TWICE and I remembered why I was never a fan.
It was terrifying. 

I told him, while stuck at the top…"DO NOT MOVE! I'M SERIOUS, DO NOT MOVE!"
And he'd freeze in a really awkward pose, then move back in his seat.
Then we'd start rocking and I would panic.
JJ told me more than once, "Just breathe out. Just breeeeathe out."
Good-hearted boy.



Afterwards, we headed into Wal-Mart.
Shelby was OVER all the running around, but we had stuff to grab.
So she found her thumb and calmed herself down.

After just a bit more running around, we were back home and spent the rest of the evening there.

Mother's Day we were up early for church.
Then off to Mom and Dad's for lunch.
We took a 4 generation picture with my Momo - all girls!
Helen (Jarrett) Rothwell
Rhonda (Rothwell) Hancock
Bethany (Hancock) Underwood
and Miss Shelby Lee Underwood

I told Kevin all I wanted for Mother's Day was a Tropical Sno and a bath.
I got both :)
Plus, he surprised me with some more strawberries.

Delish.
And giant.

Not a bad way to celebrate.


No comments: