Total Pageviews

Friday, August 16, 2013

This week....



I had such high hopes for this week.
Instead, I'm studying this....
Poison ivy.
Except, every picture I look at looks different.
I'm studying my plant beds, because this stinking, green, awful plant has ruined my last 11 days or so. 
I seriously hate nature



Tuesday was itchy and yucky.
Wednesday, I was worse and went back to the doctor.
Stronger steroids, more meds, and better ointments for me.

But I did my homework and when I went by Wal-Mart to get my prescriptions filled, I looked for this...
Sarna Lotion.
Ah.maze.ing.
It feels like you put your skin in the freezer.

So my nightly routine has been this:
First, oatmeal bath.
Second, rubbing alcohol on my awful arms.
Followed by calamine gel. 

Wait for all that to dry, and then apply the Sarna. 
Take meds and go to bed.

Wake up around 4 hours later and do the rubbing alcohol, calamine gel, Sarna, and meds all over again.
Wake up about 4 hours later and start my day.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

This morning I felt like I had a victory because when I woke up I didn't feel like ripping my skin from my body and burning it out behind the shed. I do think it's FINALLY starting to get better. And not a moment too soon. I've been wearing long sleeves or jackets when out in public - so thankfully it's been in the 70s this week and I don't look like a total goofball.

Although, what is up with a high of 77 on August 16?!

I still have birthday money to spend and am excited to go do some shopping. 
I'm waiting until school is in, so all the malls will be as empty as possible.
Also, of course, waiting for my arms to clear up, because I can't imagine the looks I'd get trying on clothes and putting them back on the racks when I'm suffering from what looks like leprosy. 

But it's Friday!
And my swings came in - I've made Kevin promise to hang them ASAP!

Also, JJ turns 4 in LESS THAN A MONTH!
So we've already started planning and ordering everything we'll need to give him an awesome Pirate Party! He wants a "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" Birthday, but as long as he sees skulls and cross bones, he'll be thrilled. 
Happy Friday, all!



No comments: