Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day


I've just now turned my computer on for the day.
With only an hour of Mother's Day left.
I've been spoiled all day (and loved every minute of it!).

And while that was fun, and gifts were given and received...
I know that's not what makes Mother's Day so special.



I've got an incredible mother.
Amazing grandmothers.
I was blessed to know 2 of my great-grandmothers.
And today I am thanking God for all of them.

These women raised families, with lots and lots of children.
Tended households.
Went to work, when necessary, to help support their families.
Loved, cherished, and prayed for their spouses, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.
Prepared delicious meals, mended clothing...they've done it all.
I am blessed beyond measure.

I get to join their ranks.
I have the privilege of cooking, cleaning, mending, and praying.

I was shown the mercy of being able to carrying a child in my own body.

Women all over the world have that desire.
My prayer was answered.
I have a husband and son to look after and pray for.
I have clothes that need cleaned - because I'm blessed enough to have clothing.
I have cleaning to do - because I've been provided a home to live in.

I don't have to look far for inspiration in how to do this job. 
And do it well.

I've been shown examples for years.
I have a lifetime of watching and learning.
I am grateful.
But I'm still learning, and so happy I still have a mother to look to.

I've also been mothered, at times, by women who did not birth me...
But still cared enough to help, teach, pray, and guide.

I've been mothered by women who never physically had children of their own.
It's what we do.
Women were created to nurture and care.
It comes naturally.
So thank you to all of you, as well.

Happy Mother's Day!



No comments: