Total Pageviews

Friday, April 10, 2015

The Belated Easter Post

Ok so what have we been up to?


We've been enjoying the sunshine when we can...


We've been going to tball practices, soccer practices, and soccer games...
The games are played on Saturdays at 11am this season.
After this last game, we headed home for Easter prep.

Instead of dyeing eggs this year, we ordered Spider-Man temporary tattoos and used them.
No mess :)

The rest of the day was spent getting the yard in shape (with the help of Papa), getting chicken and dumplings made for Easter dinner (which ended up getting tossed into the woods. Long story.), cleaning house, getting kids bathed and in bed, and of course - Easter basket prep.
Then going to bed very, very tired.

Sunday morning before church, we hunted eggs, got our baskets and then tried to take pictures.
Tried.
Shelby hated her hat.
I'm not even sure hate is a strong enough word.

But I took a bow as back-up, and that she tolerated.
Aunt Jo was able to snap some family pics before Easter lunch at Umi and Papa's house.







Then we stuffed our faces, hunted eggs, and dug into Easter treats.
Like chocolate grenades.

I ran to Wal-Mart to grab everything I needed to make a second pot of dumplings, because I'm stubborn like that, and then we headed home.

Monday was another looong day with an early start.
But I got to see Kevin in a dress, so that made up for it.
Sorta. 
Probably as dress-like as it will ever get.

He finally got to start a course of injections in his back that will (hopefully) take care of the bulging discs causing him pain. And the fact that Chick-fil-A is 4 miles down the road is pretty great.

The rest of Monday was filled with other appointments, meetings, and such.
Tuesday was cleaning and recovering from a busy weekend/Monday.
Wednesday was grocery shopping and church - and storms.
Sheesh, lots of rain lately. 

And here we are already at Thursday night.

More appointments and meetings scheduled for tomorrow.
Soccer game on Saturday.

We're going to find a rhythm soon.
I just know it.
And then I won't feel like I'm burning the candle at both ends all the time.
Or I'll go completely crazy, Kevin will have me drugged or committed (or possibly both) and the kids will have to find some kind of way to bust me out of that joint.

My fingers are crossed for finding a rhythm :)


No comments: