Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Whatevs.

I've got nothing for today.
Nothing.

So I thought I'd do a little photo dump to start the post...
A customer who always sends us bread, made us our own labels for 3 of the loaves he sent.
Totally awesome, right?!

I found some of those sticker/pedicure/they last forever/nail art things on clearance at K-Mart.
Tried them out...and I don't hate them.

JJ loves taking pictures of himself while he's walking through the house.
They're always of his feet.

From the night he wanted his Cardinals hat and Easter tie as his pajamas.
Snapped this pic right before I put them away.

Ok, so I read an article today titled, "15 Summer Jams You May Have Forgotten"
And it took me back....way back...back in time.
(Anybody know what song intro that is from?!?)

***Venturing into the YouTube videos again. I read that Apple doesn't support Flash. I'm not even sure I know what that means entirely, but I'm not alone in issues with my iProducts not playing videos. Lame. So jump on your PC and enjoy the music below***

AAAAAaaaanyway, remember some of these???
Summer Girls by LFO (which stands for Lyte Funky Ones, btw.)

I bought this single from Wal-Mart and played it on repeat when it came out in 1999.
It had some of the most hilarious lyrics ever.
Like, they just needed stuff to rhyme. Didn't matter if it made no sense.
Example:
You're the best girl that I ever did see
The great Larry Bird, jersey 33.
And sadly, one of the members died a few years back, so watch/listen to this and remember when...


Do You Know What It Takes by Robyn
Girlfriend was on FIRE when I started high school.
Whatever happened to you Robyn?


Never Ever by All Saints

They were hot for a hot minute.
I think people didn't have to try as hard back then.
Some of these lyrics/rhymes sound like they just learned what rhyming is.
Still, good song.
Or do I just think it is because it's from 1998 and I think about being 15?
Whatevs.

And remember when I said yesterday that I keep a list of shows, cartoons, and books I want my kids to know about?
I also keep a list of songs.
But that's for me.
To make sure I remember to download a ridiculous amount of songs that make me feel nostalgic and make me dance and burn some calories and crack me up all at the same time. I've got the most random, eclectic iTunes ever. And I love it.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Funny you mention Robin! Apparently she is popular again (although I was just recently made aware of that). She was even on Saturday Night Live not long ago!! And had another hit - but I will warn you, she has a diff sound! Check it out!!!