Total Pageviews

Friday, January 4, 2013

Chicken Fries

I've been lazy recently and I LOVE IT.
Now that the holidays are over, things slow down a bit.
I'm definitely ok with that.

So what have we been up to lately?
Lying.
Sort of. 

My husband is a meat and potatoes kind of guy.
My son is a potatoes kind of guy.
Fries, potato wedges, mashed potatoes...he loves them all.
Meat? He's intimidated by it.

So I've started lying to him.
Cut anything up into strips, call them fries, he gobbles them up.
Lately, we've been having a lot of "chicken fries".
We had them again last night, he's been begging for more all day.

Ha! Fooled you, son!
You like meat!
He actually loves it, he just doesn't know it yet. 

So last night, while I'm eating my chicken fries, my tooth starts throbbing out of the blue.
Oh, goody.
I know how this goes.
I'll be in the dental chair getting a root canal in no time.

I have a confession to make.
I have old people teeth.
I know that's not technically a medical term, but it's true.

My dentist back home that I went to in high school told me..."It looks like someone used these teeth for 80 years, then gave them to you to use." Thanks? What it basically means is that no matter how much I brush, floss, mouthwash, rinse, repeat - I was always the one with cavities. Getting 5 root canals by the time I'm 30. I'm an old pro at this point. 

Fast-forward a few years and I know it's periodontal disease.
But I like to stick with OPT - "Old People Teeth".

I also have 5 wisdom teeth that have yet to surface, but that's neither here nor there.

ANYWAY
So it's killing me. I get online last night and read up on ways to make the pain stop.
I read that wrapping the tooth in bread helps.
It must be true. Has to be true.
It was on the internet!
Something along the lines of old-wives-tales-just-try-it.com

So this is what I did all morning....
Wasted about half a loaf of bread.

I'm better now.
I flossed and Listerined like a crazy person and must have dislodged something, because it worked. Ha ha! Take that OPT Disease, I win this round!

I also have a couple new obsessions.
1-OPI's Liquid Sand Nail Polish. Love it.
2-Headbands.
I was something of a headband queen in grade school.
But they were never this cute...
I bought 4 the other day.
Mostly at the new Ulta store that opened recently (and where have THOSE been all my life) but I found that little guy at WALMART! I'm seriously obsessed.
I've found a way to make my haircuts last a little bit longer until I can get back to IL for another one. Which won't be until February - and I might go crazy waiting that long.
Or I can just plop on another headband and smile.
That's another win for me!
I'm on a roll.

No comments: