Total Pageviews

Friday, December 7, 2012

Picture Day

We did picture day for our Christmas cards yesterday.
Of course, we went to our favorite people at Portrait Innovations.
Of the many, many shots - here's a few of my favorites...




This one I need to explain...
The bottom 3 presents were supposed to be his prop. He stood with it, examined it, and noticed more boxes off to the side, not being used. Well, that was just unacceptable. So he marched himself over, grabbed the remaining boxes, stacked them carefully, and then very proudly rested his arm on his work and waited for the picture to be taken. Good job, son.

The real JJ.
Crazy, happy, loud JJ.

After pictures, we did some Christmas shopping (finally).
I'm excited for Christmas.
I'm excited for giving gifts, seeing family...
I'm just lacking motivation this year to go get those gifts.
So very thankful for Amazon this year.

I think it's because JJ is getting so independent that taking him shopping used to be just sitting him in the cart, making sure I had juice and a paci and he would be good all day.
Now, he's a big boy. He wants to help, walk on his own, go where he wants...
He's exhausting on a long day of shopping.
But he really, sincerely does want to help.
Most of the time.
Some of the time he's being bad just for the sake of making me insane with anger, but we cross those bridges when we come to them.

This weekend, I get to say I've been married for 6 years. 
So we're making plans to go out as a family.
Romantic, right?
But Kevin works so much, we don't really get to spend a lot of time out and about as a family of 3, so that's what we want to do for our anniversary...take JJ out to dinner, a movie, some Christmas shopping...a nice Saturday all together.

Sunday is our actual anniversary.
I've kept my gift to Kevin a secret, and amazingly, he's kept his a secret, too.
But Tuesday he was asking me, "Do you just want me to go ahead and give it to you now?"
I told him we should wait. Let's try to be adults and wait until Sunday.
Although, truthfully, I'm wracking my brain and can't seem to guess what it is.

Happy weekend, all!

No comments: