Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Whoops! and a big THANK YOU!

So...I haven't blogged in a while.
Oops.
We have been crazy busy.
Like...ca-ray-zee.

I'll break it down later.

Let me get to that giant THANK YOU.
My son, my sweet nearly 3 year old son, has been so bad lately.
Moody. So easily upset.
And not upset like being bummed.
Upset like dry heaving from crying so hard.
Over.....anything.
You name it. He's mad about it.

So today was picture day.
He decided it was time for a colossal breakdown. 
He pretended he'd never seen another human being before.
He pretended I was an overly clingy mother who never let him interact with new people.
He pretended he was going to vomit all over the studio.

The people at Portrait Innovations were so far beyond patient, it was amazing. 
I've blogged about them before.
It was the same guy and two amazing helpers.

Today, they got on the floor to play for somewhere around 20 minutes until he calmed down and was willing to play with them.
They ran circles with him, became his friends, and made him completely comfortable.
They took some great shots, too!





Then, when it was time to choose our pictures, they continued to pay attention to him. Building blocks, racing cars, wrestling. They were a sweaty mess when we walked out of there. And they never once acted annoyed, or pretended that becoming my son's friend was beneath them.

I was (and still am) sincerely thankful.

So JJ and I went over to Yogurt Mountain and bought those wonderful people some gift cards. 

3 comments:

Heather said...

My sister swears by Portrait Innovations. What a great group of people!

Beth said...

This was our 3rd experience. I will continue going back again and again. Glad to hear they're the same back around home, too!

Cassie said...

awwww how awesome is this!!

yay for good people!!

sometimes rednecks in Virginia are just the best ;) lol

but for reals - crazy cute pictures of JJ!!