Total Pageviews

Monday, February 6, 2012

4 Days

Wow - so I realize I haven't blogged in the last 4 days. 
Friday afternoon, I went out and purchased The Hunger Games, at my sister's insistence.

My brother read them last year.
My sister read them last week.
My parents just started them this weekend.

I just finished them.


That's all I did for 4 days. 
I didn't clean. I didn't do any laundry. I only sort of watched the Super Bowl.
I read.

Wow. 
I know I'm kind of late to join the craze, but I'm thoroughly impressed.

Let me tell you why I'm so impressed. The author, Suzanne Collins? Guess where she started her career....Nickelodeon. From wikipedia: She worked on several television shows for Nickelodeon, including Clarissa Explains It AllThe Mystery Files of Shelby WooLittle Bear, and Oswald.
Yep, that's why I'm so impressed.
She went from Clarissa Explains It All to Hunger Games. 
Boom.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

I'm not a big reader but you had me at Clarissa Explains It All. Lol.

Beth said...

So don't judge me....but the Cartoon Network started airing old Nickelodeon shows last year, I recorded a TON of Clarissa, Doug, Hey Dude, and a few All-That's for good measure. I felt like I was 10 all over again and I loved it! lol