Total Pageviews

Monday, October 3, 2011

So Tired


This morning was different for me than any other morning I've ever had. Ever. And I'm pretty sure my mornings will never be the same. It's the end of an era.

I woke up this morning and hit snooze. I do this A LOT!
That is nothing new. 

Then I hear "Bomb! Bomb! Bomb!" Which is also pretty typical. That's how JJ says "Mom"...sometimes he gets a good Mmmmm sound at the beginning, but when he's in a hurry and just needs to be noticed, it's bomb. I'm okay with that. Hearing him call me means he's heard my alarm and knows I'm up. He wants me to come get him out of his bed.

I get out of bed and head up the hall for his room...but before I get there I see him in the kitchen. For the first time EVER, JJ woke up this morning and got out of bed on his own. He then decided to roam the house for who knows how long. I have no idea how long because I sleep like the dead.

I'm assuming now he was up for a little while. Because on the way home from grocery shopping, he fell asleep and stayed asleep as Kevin carried him in. Then, he stayed asleep while I put a fresh diaper on him. That hasn't happened since he was 5-6 months old.


Then after his nap, he did this for a while.
This kid just could NOT wake up.


My plan of action tonight is to put the baby gate up in the hallway so he can't roam too much in the mornings. And maybe booby-trap his room with bells to alert us that the little monster is up and on the prowl.

3 comments:

iambritt said...

It's all the partying with P. Got the pie btw... maybe get it to you tomorrow? Still not as good as the first, but pretty good.

Cassie said...

ha, maybe he thinks you are just the bomb? lol. too cute!! good luck with the roamer.....i got nothing for you, sorry.

God's Little Cow Girl said...

The chair picture is so funny. :-)