Total Pageviews

Friday, January 30, 2015

iPod

Once upon a time, before my mother had a smart phone - she got an iPod.
Alllll the way back then, she and JJ became Angry Birds lovers.

Then, just like that, she grew up and got a smart phone.
The iPod she knew and loved was given a new home.
Our home.
I became the new owner.

For almost 2 years, it went everywhere with me.
JJ's love of Angry Birds only grew and grew with the device living under the same roof as he.
And then one day, I got my very own smart phone. 

The moment my debit card was swiped and the phone became mine, like magic, the iPod became JJ's.
It's been Angry Birds, iTunes, and pictures ever since.

Last night, I plugged the iPod into my computer for the first time in forever.
I uploaded all the pictures JJ had taken over the last 18 months.
Kevin and I laughed and laughed.

So here you go…
Life through JJ's eyes over the last year and a half.
Enjoy!





This was right after we got the new car.
JJ was proud enough to snap dozens and dozens of pictures of it. 
I narrowed it down to 2.


Loading the dishwasher while pregnant with Shelby.



The amount of selfies was, in a word, incredible.




Some of them, obviously, hilarious.

A new baby Shelby relaxing with her Daddy.
Big brother capturing the moment.


Our favorite spot this summer!



His two favorite subjects to capture have been himself (duh) and his sweet baby sister.
This is her riding home from church on Wednesday evening.
JJ asked me to turn on the lights "Just for a sec" so he could take her picture.

I uploaded nearly 400 pictures from his iPod.
It's been a great 18 months. I document most of it on my own phone.
But it was pretty neat to see it all captured from 3 and a half feet off the ground.

That's all I've got today.
This weekend will be spent cleaning, doing laundry, and getting ready for company to come watch the Super Bowl on Sunday. I have no dog in the fight. I don't even really watch football. But if I had to select 2 teams I specifically DIDN'T want to watch in the Super Bowl, it would be the Patriots and Seattle. 

So - I'll just post the best part about every NFL season….


Happy Friday!
Happy Weekend!

No comments: