Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I talk too much.

Do you remember getting those quizzes emailed to you?
Favorite TV Show?
What color pants are you wearing right now?
Last thing you ate?

And on and on and on…
Nowadays, kids just put all that garbage on their Facebook status, but back in my day you emailed them to your friends and then insisted they fill it out and email it back to you. 
Aaaaaanyway - there was always a question on there like "Word or phrase you over-use?"

Based on the fact that the following phrases come out of JJ's mouth all. the. time. these days, I'm guessing these would be mine if I took that quiz today….

Kevin!
Usually yelled at Kevin when saying "Daddy!" over and over again didn't work.

Oh, come on! It'll be fun!
Usually spoken after he made a request that was denied. Could be anything from what kind of birthday party he wants to being told he can't have any more milk. 

My back hurts!
Usually uttered every morning when it's time to go downstairs.

My feet are killing me!
Usually groaned when he insists he can't walk any further and needs to be carried. 

Good morning, pretty girl!
He tells Shelby this every morning. 
It just so happens, I also tell Shelby this every morning. 

Look at that naked baby butt!
Which he sweetly tells Shelby during baths and diaper changes.

Just one more question….
When I say it, it's sarcastic and I'm driving home a point I'm trying to make.
JJ uses it as an opening. Or a middle. Or to really ask another question.
There's just no telling with this one. 

It's been 100 years!
He's really into exaggerating all of a sudden.
Example: 
Can I have some more milk? It's been like, 100 years!


There you have it, some of my most over-used phrases.
Evidence in the form of a 4 (nearly 5) year old boy.

And I'm off to sleep, I'm beat!
I would have written this 2 hours ago, that's how long I've been wrestling Shelby to sleep.
Girlfriend would NOT give in. 
Awesome.

We're trying to get into a "Back to School" routine, but since JJ's never been to school and has had, his entire life, a pretty relaxed routine - this is going to be a shock to all of our systems. We're attempting early to bed, early to rise….not going so hot. 
Especially after wrestling with the baby.
And I can still hear JJ laughing in his room, so….
This is obviously not going well. 
Since, you know, it's MIDNIGHT.

Eh, we'll try again tomorrow. 


1 comment:

Cassie said...

stella's is always, mom, mom seriously i ...... followed by either:
i need this
i have to tell you
stop
henry did

it's usually some made up too. lol.