Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Birthday Weekend Wrap Up

Well, my first time blogging as a 30 year old...
Here goes...

Yesterday was the big 3-0 for me!
It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. 

Let's back up to Friday night.
JJ had his very first overnight without Mom/Dad stay.
Of course, at Umi and Papa's house.
(Also - I don't know how to spell Umi...Oomi...whatever, I chose Umi.)
He was a big boy, but still missed his mom.
I'm good with that.

Saturday we started celebrating.
Kevin, JJ, and myself loaded up into Mom and Dad's car and we were West County Mall bound.
I hit up H&M (I swear, if there was an H&M local, I would be broke), The Loft, JCPenney, and The Apple Store.

Kevin picked out a sweet, new laptop for me...
I'm stoked...
The new MacBook Pro (which I'm using to compose this blog, actually).
I must say, I'm liking it. 
And now he's got his eye on the new iMac.
Now he can't wait for his birthday in October.
Let's see if he can wait that long....

After shopping, we were off to Gulf Shores.
It was delish.
Always is.
Adam, Joanna, and Brooke were all there.
My first family birthday in 7 years. 
Pretty awesome.

Sunday we went to church.
A couple trips to Wal-Mart.
And hanging out at home.

Monday was my birthday.
JJ and I rolled out of bed and headed off to breakfast at Doreen's.
Didn't even brush our teeth.
Just got up and went.

I was flooded all day with calls, texts, and messages.
(You all are awesome.)
And I was watching the news like a hawk!
Why?
That's why.

And a king was born.
Woot!

We hung out the rest of the day and went out for dinner with Mom, Dad, and my grandma (who's day of birth I share.)
After dinner, back to Mom and Dad's for cake.
Seriously, I'm glad birthdays only come once a year.
I ate like an animal all weekend long.
This has got to stop!
But with ice cream cake still left in the freezer and some Sea Salt Caramel Gelato sitting next to it, I don't think it will. 

Happy Tuesday, all!


No comments: