Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Bathroom Break

I have an almost 3 year old.
I have to use the bathroom a few times a day.
Dangerous combo.

Here's something you should know about our house...
It's a mid-level entry. I hate that.
You go up the steps and you're in the dining/kitchen area.
To your right is the hallway.
The very first room is the bathroom.
Like, 3 steps and you're there.

So, I had to use the bathroom yesterday.
When I'm walking out, I see this on the floor in front of me.
Sugar?
Say what?

Here's what JJ managed to accomplish while Mommy was 6 feet away....
Baking soda.

Sugar
You can make out JJ's hand spreading it around and a few nose and tongue prints from Sophie. Awesome.

I mentioned Tuesday I was trying a new pattern I found on Pinterest.
Here's my take....
The hoodie-shawl




I won't be wearing it.
I think my face is too chubby to pull it off.
But I do like the way it turned out.
When the pattern calls for 9 different colors, you've got a lot of options to make it unique.

But with a couple shows coming up in October and November, it was time I started crocheting again. I make my "crafting cash" from doing a couple craft shows and people placing orders. My original intent was to then support my own habit (buy more yarn and buttons and supplies when I needed them) and have a bit of spending money for myself.

But - fun fact - we paid for our entire Christmas list for family and friends with crafting cash.
I was so proud of myself!
So, gearing up for these shows is a big deal for me.
Plus, it gives my fingers something to do while watching TV besides snacking.
Score. 




No comments: