Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Stinkin' Skorts

Can anyone tell me why I can't find any denim or khaki skirts anywhere? Every time I think I spot one it turns out to be a stinkin' pair of skorts!

I had no idea people still made skorts.

I mean, sure...I've found jean skirts - but I'm not a hussy. 
I just want a nice, casual, denim skirt. 
Is that so much to ask?

Today, JJ and I went to get the car inspected.
It's completely lame.
I've never heard of having someone check out your lights and turn signals besides your dad. And they charge you. You have to pay someone to tell you that your headlights work. Once a year.

They told me I needed new windshield wiper blades. Ok. That's fine. My husband can take care of that. Nope. They wouldn't pass me until they changed out the blades themselves and charged me $45. Whatever, it's done.

Then we ran all over trying to find the above mentioned skirt.
Got some beach chairs and an umbrella.
Got Kevin some new shorts and trunks.
Then took a quick trip to the mall.

Speaking of malls.
Yesterday, JJ and I met some friends at the free movies.

This time we saw Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked.


Afterwards, we had lunch at Fazoli's and ran up to Old Navy.
(Still hunting for that elusive skirt)
While at the Huntington Mall, we ran into the Disney store.
JJ tried on this sweet hat.
A nice little girl and I made some polite small talk while we watched JJ react to all things Buzz and Toy Story. We put the hat back on the shelf and went on to look at other things.

A little while later, that little girl (I'm guessing 10) and her older brother (I'm guessing 13) came to find us with a bag in hand. They bought JJ the hat and wanted him to have it. I nearly died.
I tried to give them money for it, they refused.
I told them how sweet they were to do that. How incredibly kind such an act is. And again, told them to let me give them money for the hat. They said no, it was a gift. And off they went.
Another lady in the store asked if those were cousins or some other relation.
I said no, we've never seen them before in our lives.
And then I had happy tears.

The cashier told me that the sister had come in first by herself.
She bought a present for her brother.
When she gave him the present, he came in to buy her a present in return.
That's when they ran into us.


I looked all over for them when we left the store. 


Maybe we could all go have a pretzel? Or I could get them some ice cream?
It was like they vanished into thin air.


So thank you, again, you two sweet kids!
I have no idea who you are, but I've been praying for you these last couple days. 

And JJ loves his new hat!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Bethany, that is the sweetest thing I have EVER heard! God Bless those two wonderful kids!!

Beth said...

We never go to the Huntington Mall. I probably haven't been in 2 years. It was such a neat and humbling thing to happen.

Cassie said...

how freaking cute is that? so sweet!!

ps - have you tried GAP for the skirt?!